How We Learn
Our mission is to inspire our 21st Century learners to achieve their highest academic, social, emotional, intellectual and physical potential, while developing a strong sense of character, community, and stewardship. We aspire to amplify each child’s natural curiosity and love of learning so they can become caring and enthusiastic lifelong learners.
Our Arroyo educational staff will provide:
- project-based learning that encourages deeper learning, perseverance and ownership;
- personalized learning opportunities that challenge our students at their individual learning edge;
- flexible learning spaces that allow for individual, small group, and large group learning opportunities;
- a 21st Century focus on academic standards and SCSD Habits of Mind;
- a safe yet stimulating environment to discover abilities and passions;
a community of care and inclusivity.
Our students will actively design, make, build, and innovate in ways that require problem solving, perseverance and creative thinking.
Across the school day our students will:
- strengthen their collaboration skills
- take personal risks (that do not endanger anyone)
- participate in a variety of activities and projects
- learn to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts peacefully
- strengthen their questioning, conversation and argumentation skills
- share their findings in evidence-based ways
- deepen their understanding of what it takes to become well-rounded citizens and stewards of our environment
- listen to and speaks kindly to others
- look for ways to include and help others
- celebrate differences
- work toward their personal best, socially and academically
Our goal is to not only foster academic achievement and character growth but also instill a love of learning and a strong sense of community.